Workshop OpenLayers, pgRouting and OSM-data¶
(former: Workshop pgRouting in Open Layers (2.8) with own OSM-data (evaluated by UMN Mapserver))
This workshop was created by Kai Behncke and supplemented by René Westerholt (the tools to convert OSM - Data into PostgreSQL databases).
First of all, many thanks go to JUNOD Frédéric, PHILIPONA Claude and KASTL Daniel, who did a very good job in allocating the routing-workshops of the FOSS4G 2007/2008 on that page, these documentations were also the basic for this workshop. Many thanks also for Stephen WOODBRIDGE, who gave very good help in the mailinglist.
That workshop was tested on a Debian Etch-System and also on an Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) System. So, at the first step you should download OpenLayers (in that case version 2.8 was taken) from http://openlayers.org.
Just extract it and open your first application.
- Check pgRouting requirements
- Download the source for pgRouting and own OSM-Data (Evaluated by UMN Mapserver) from http://www.kneipenculture.de/ol_osm_routing.zip
PostgreSQL / pgRouting¶
- Getting the OpenLayers-Code for the Routing-application
- Explanation of the OpenLayers-Code step 1
- Explanation of the OpenLayers-Code step 2
- Explanation of the php-code step 1
- Function for Filling the gaps (green markers to the vertices)
- Adapting the code so that the gaps are filled
- Killing some bugs (wrong path calculation)
- Source Code for Killing some bugs
- Explanation Source Code for Killing some bugs (wrong path calculation)
- Path on one line